top of page
  • Q: How do I obtain a marriage license in Ontario?
    A: To be married in Ontario, you must obtain a marriage license. In Toronto, come to a Registry Service Office. The license is only good for 90 days so only get it 90 days prior to your wedding day. See the link below for complete instructions;
  • Q: Who can be a witness for my Ontario Civil documents?
    A: Anyone who is “of sound mind” meaning not under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The witness can be a relative or a friend 16 years or older. The witness can reside in Ontario or anywhere else in the world
  • Q: Who looks after sending in the signed civil papers?
    A: Cantor Ben will mail the completed and signed marriage license to the Office of the Registrar General in Thunder Bay for registration. It then takes Thunder Bay about 12 weeks to register the marriage. Note: The marriage must be registered before you may apply for a marriage certificate. You need the marriage certificate if you want to change your name on your driver's license, health card, or passport.
  • Q: After the marriage is registered, how do I get an "official" marriage certificate? Change my name?
    A: You will NOT 'automatically' be sent a marriage certificate. Once 12 weeks have elapsed after the wedding, you can apply for the marriage certificate online and change your name;
  • Q: Who can be a witness for my Ketubah signing?
    A: Males who are Jewish and over the age of 13. The witnesses cannot be related to each other by blood or by marriage, and the witnesses cannot be related by blood or marriage to either the Bride or the Groom
bottom of page